Third Party Testing Services available for Private Driver Training Schools!
John’s Driving School was one of the few locations selected by PennDOT for the PA Class C Non-Commercial Third Party Testing pilot program which has grown to be beneficial for not only PennDOT but, also PA residents. As a PennDOT Certified Third Party Testing Center we are able to give the class C Non-Commercial Skills Exam which means that your students, who are eligible, for the skills exam don’t have to wait weeks for their test. Based on our availability it can be as little as a 48 hour wait.Contact Us
If you would like to schedule exams with us for your eligible students, we would be more than happy to join forces with you. Contact us today!
As a driving school you would provide the transportation and vehicle with proper documentation and we will administer the Driver’s License Exam!
PA Class C Non-Commercial License Testing
SCHEDULE AN EXAM IN AS LITTLE AS 48 HOURS!
As a PennDOT Certified 3rd Party Testing Center, John’s Driving School can schedule and administer the Pennsylvania Class C Non-Commercial Driver’s License Exam. The skills exams can be scheduled in as little as 48 hours, based on site availability. Why wait weeks to take the exam?
WITH 8 PENNDOT CERTIFIED THIRD PARTY TESTING CENTERS THROUGHOUT THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA WE HAVE A LOCATION NEAR YOU!
Upon successful completion the applicants’ results are processed through PennDOT and the learner’s permit is stamped, making the applicant a licensed driver. A camera card is issued and mailed to newly licensed drivers’ address of record directly from PennDOT within 2-3 weeks.
Please note: Upon passing the exam the stamped PA Learner’s Permit does in fact serve as a Driver’s License for 120 days.
If the applicant is unsuccessful in passing the driver’s skills exam the applicant’s results are processed through PennDOT and the learner’s permit is marked with the exam result. Applicants 18 years of age or older may schedule another exam for the next available appointment, which will be at least 48 hours with John’s Driving School as per program mandates and contract requirements. Applicants’ under the age of 18 must wait at least 7 days to be eligible for another exam.
Please note: Upon the applicants’ third unsuccessful attempt the learner’s permit become invalid. The applicant must obtain a new learner’s permit to continue practicing and to retake the exam.
As a PennDOT Certified 3rd Party Testing Center we are required to follow all of the same guidelines as all state-operated Pennsylvania Driver’s License Centers.
- All of our examiners are PennDOT Certified.
- All of our test routes are PennDOT approved.
- Every driver’s skills test route has the same minimum required components. Parallel parking will be tested before going on the public roadway. The applicant’s skills are assessed while performing at least two right turns and at least two left turns while on the road. The applicant must also drive through and abide by at least one traffic control device, such as a stop sign or traffic signal, and one speed zone change.
Skills Test Scoring:
- The skills test is scored according to PennDOT’s regulation point system.
- This system serves as the measure in determining whether an applicant is qualified to receive a PA Driver’s License and whether the applicant can continue building skills on their own.